Sunday, November 27, 2011

"It Gets Better" video campaign thoughts

I figured out almost immediately what kind of mood and music I wanted playing throughout the video. I wanted something quiet, something that could relate to the mental depression that bullying creates; nothing loud or jarring to the ears but music that almost sounds sad in a way. Yet, with the lyrics, I wanted them to convey a sense of hope even through hard times. The song I chose is called "Crosses" by Jose Gonzalez. The music video is here:


Essentially the main section of the song that I am editing will showcase the chorus line, "We'll cast some light and you'll be alright." This is a main part of the visual that I plan to show in the video.

I also have a video clip of my nephews saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." I want to be able to use it in either the beginning or the end of the video but that depends on how the rest of the visuals pan out and if it still fits in.

No comments:

Post a Comment